Monday, February 6, 2012

THAILAND… BEYOND AMAZING! (Rooftop Bars and Restaurants) Part 5 of 5

A Vertigo inducing view from the Sirocco Sky Bar at the rooftop of Lebua Hotel, Bangkok
In our lives, sometimes we have to treat ourselves with an undeniably distinct experience which we can reminisce over and over again.  A panoramic view of Thailand’s city lights, gazing at the stars, reaching for the clouds, dressed to kill, glamorous ambience, serenaded al fresco, stimulating conversations while having a cocktail or two on the world’s highest open-air restaurant with a 360° view.  I couldn’t ask for more than perfect. I pictured myself in a 007 movie waiting for Bond, James Bond to enter the scene.  The perfection came with a steep price though but worth every cent. Dinner and cocktails depending on how modest the appetite, may start at $300 for one person. Also try, Vertigo Grill and Moon bar, The Nest at Le Fenix and Baiyoke Sky Hotel having the country’s highest entertainment venue with a revolving rooftop. These are popular venues where a strict dress code is adhered. Expect to be scrutinized by the staff before being allowed to go into their premises.

I have taken more than a credit card bill from this trip as souvenir.  I learned a new language basic as it may be. Thai food, arts and culture has its influence on me.  I brushed up on Thai History. I got in touch with my spirituality.  I loved the Wats and the memories they gave me. I laugh now that in my rooftop bar experience the higher the floor the higher the price I pay so maybe I’ll try the lower floors first next time. Monks make jokes too, that elephant’s milk is of a tinge of blue. Khorb koon Thailand for satisfying my curiosity and for an adventure beyond amazing.


--------------------------




Something to keep in mind
As a tourist in Bangkok, be aware that your cab drivers and tour guides will insist that you visit their local jewelry stores. If you don't have the budget, you can politely say no or just give them the courtesy of looking around the store place and maybe just buy small items.



Airlines:
Cathay Pacific
+63-2-757-0888
www.cathaypacific.com

Philippine Airlines (PAL)
+63-2- 85-58-888
On-line Booking: www.philippineairlines.com/pal_online/pal_online.jsp
www.philippineairlines.com

Cebu Pacific
+63-2-70-20-888
www.cebupacificair.com

Suggested Accommodations
Lebua State Tower
1055 Silom Rd. Bangrak, Bangkok
(66)2624-9999
Reservations: resvn@lebua.com

Sacha’s Hotel UNO
28/19 Sukhumvit Soi 19, Wattana Bangkok
(66)2651-2180
Email : info.sachas@hotel-uno.com
www.hotel-uno.com/sacha/




Do you like this article? Share this with your friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think of this article.