Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Calamian Isles… Heaven on Earth (Coron and Busuanga, Palawan) Part 1 of 7

 
Visit these related articles


I thought I died and gone to heaven, waking up not recalling where I was just a moment ago. Imagine (with my eyes barely open) the sun in all its glory, azure skies all around me, turquoise waters almost kissing my feet, laying on sand white as snow, not a soul in sight, just the sound of stillness with a calm splash for intermission.  I thought to myself, I must’ve done something good to have landed on this place. No exaggeration, until I felt my leathery burnt skin ouch to stretch that pulled me back to reality and my senses.  Yet the piece of heaven I just described remained and now with eyes wide open it was even more divine.  I then realized my so-called piece of heaven was Banol Beach in the Calamian Isles of panoramic Palawan.

The two hues of sunset in Coron

Rewind. One night, I stared at my Philippine map posted on the refrigerator door and like pinning the needle on the donkey I let my fingers decide my next deliberate misadventure. Lo and behold it landed on an empty blue space, which was no good unless I was a pirate, so I zoomed in to where my finger was closest to and that was the Calamian Group of Islands. I knew little of its existence and my fascination has catapulted to a thirst for adventure. Only heard of once from my marine biologist friend who was just euphoric about marine life there, this uncharted territory on my map shanghaied my curious nature there was no time to waste.  Calamian Isles, ready or not here I come!

Can’t put a finger on it?
Let me point on geography first. Calamian Isles is a group of islands in remote Palawan in the south-western part of the Philippines. Palawan is a large archipelago consisting of 1,780 islands and islets and could take months to forever to indulge in all it has in store.  I’ve been back and forth and I still haven’t explored its other surprises. Calamian Group of Isles alone has Busuanga, Coron and Culion for major islands and 98 more islands scattered all over.  The numbers of islands are overwhelming and I recommend that if you only have 4-6 days to spare it would be best to focus on the major islands first. It would be more of a bummer if you tried to squeeze-in a lot of places in your itinerary to maximize your expenses but would prove to be a waste as you would hurry and scurry not enjoying your every destination.

--------------

Side Bar:
Domestic Airlines with flights to Busuanga
Tickets and reservations: (632)855-3333

Tickets and reservations: (632)702-0888

Tickets and reservations: (632)849-0100

Tours and Accommodations
Dive Link Resort: www.divelink.com.ph
Telephone numbers: (632) 376-2048; (632) 387-2019
Mobile: 0918-9072577; 0918-9261545; 0918-9261547
Coron office: 0918-9261546; 0917-858-1799
Seadive Resort: www.seadiveresort.com.ph          
Telephone numbers: (63)048-7230293                                                
Mobile numbers: 0918-400-0448; 0920-945-8714
Coral Bay Beach Resort: www.coralbay.ph   
Telephone number: (63)048-7230301
Sangat Island Reserve: www.sangat.com.ph                                                                       
Coron Office: (63)918-4051557 
Sangat Island Office: (63)919-2050198
Club Paradise: www.clubparadisepalawan.com       
Telephone Number: (632)838-4956-60

Essentials
1. First aid kit, vitamins, medicines, insect repellants, ointments (pharmacies rare)
2. Dive Gear/Snorkeling Gear if your finicky using your very own gear though rentals are readily available
3. Sunblock with high SPF a must
4. Rash guard, cap and a windbreaker
5. Cash – ATMs are not regularly on-line and are not easily accessible specially when you’re billeted on another island
6. Ready your dslr's or point and shoots, batteries and extras
7. Power bars and bottled water
8. Trash bag- bring your own be responsible with your trash to show discipline and respect
9. Cell phones (coverage is good) and a flashlight
10. An open itinerary, a positive approach to adventure and bring legs of steel!


Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake Coron Busuanga Palawan Tapyas Siete Pecados Twin Lagoon Banol Kayangan Cove Kayangan Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think of this article.